Delay in Start Up Insurance (DSU)
DSU insurance provides coverage for the anticipated revenue generated from developing and executing infrastructure projects. A loss or delay in start up due to an unforeseen event affecting a critical piece of a plant and/or machinery can have a catastrophic effect on the timely completion of a project and impact the anticipated revenues.
- The primary function of DSU insurance is to insure the anticipated revenue generated from developing and executing infrastructure projects.
- Major projects require the reliable and timely delivery of key components. A loss or delay in start up due to an unforeseen event affecting a critical piece of the plant and/or machinery can have a catastrophic effect on the timely completion of a project; the result could negatively impact the anticipated revenue derived from the project.
- Our experts in Marine Risk understand the often complex issues that surround these types of risks and will review the available options by providing consultative risk management services.
- We have pioneered the merits of combining cargo coverage and DSU insurance into one seamless program.
- We also have an alternative to Delay In Start Up Insurance: Expediting/Extra Expense (EE) coverage.
- EE funds can be used to expedite the manufacturing and shipment of a replacement part. We will work with you to identify the areas of your project that would benefit from EE coverage.
- We will develop a Marine Cargo/EE policy that will reduce your risks and help get your project back on track if an incident should occur.
- Currently this DSU Insurance solution is available to Canadian customers only.
For more information, please contact a Marsh Representative:
- Tel: 1-877-755-4934
- Email - email@example.com
Hong Kong Support