Freight Forwarders Legal Liability Insurance/Errors and Omissions/Contingent Cargo (FFLL/E&O)
Freight Forwarders/Legal Liability/Errors and Omissions insurance provides coverage to a freight forwarder or load broker for their liability for physical loss of or damage to customers’ cargo and for their consequential loss resulting from such loss or damage. Errors and Omissions insurance covers liability for financial loss incurred by the customer due to a failure to perform contractual obligations.
- In the event of physical loss or damage to the cargo belonging to freight forwarder customers, or resultant financial loss suffered by the cargo owners, freight forwarders will be required to protect their liability and in certain situations reimburse cargo owners for their loss.
- Coverage can apply to a freight forwarder acting as agent or principal and to a NVOCC (Principal for Sea Movements), including load brokers.
- Coverage is provided in accordance with standard limitations or as otherwise agreed under your policy.
- This policy extends to cover Contingent Cargo Liability for freight forwarders, load brokers or other intermediaries. It will protect the assured when the carrier’s insurance fails to provide coverage.
- Currently this package solution is available to Canadian customers only.
Contingent Cargo insurance provides coverage which will indemnify and defend a load broker/transportation broker for your customer’s loss or damage to cargo where there is an allegation of liability for your choice of carrier or for your perceived failure to carry out your due diligence in ensuring that the carrier has adequate insurance coverage. For example, if a truck broker relies on the validity of a certificate of insurance received from the carrier and it turns out to be completely false, a claim ensues and the load broker is brought into the claim that results in a suit. The Contingent Cargo Liability policy will provide investigation, defense and indemnity for the claim (always provided it is a covered loss).
To obtain a quote, please complete an application:
- For International Freight Forwarding activities, please complete the attached application.
- For Transportation/Load Broking activities, please complete the attached application.
For more information, please contact a Marsh Representative:
- Tel: 1-877-755-4934
- Email - email@example.com
Hong Kong Support